Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF is the nomero uno that comes to most people’s mind when it arrives to a delightul meal. Today, we are going to tell you procedures on preparing a appetizing Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys caramelized pear jam with variations, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys caramelized pear jam with variations, gf df ef sf nf you only need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
First of all, here are the ingridients that you should prepare to serve Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take of Basic Pear Jam.
- Provide 2500 grams of pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped.
- Use 800 grams of white granulated sugar.
- Provide 120 ml of lemon juice.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of pear juice.
- You need of Spiced Pear Jam.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare of Vanilla Pear Jam.
- Use 2 of vanilla pods, seeds scraped and added to the pan.
- Provide of Cardamom Pear Jam.
- Use 1 tbsp of crushed green cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Ginger Pear Jam.
- Use 40 grams (1/4 cup) of chopped candied / crystallized ginger.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Take 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Take of Rosemary Pear Jam.
- You need 240 ml (1 cup) of honey in place of 200g (1 cup) of the sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Take 2 tsp of fresh snipped rosemary leaves.
After readying the ingridients, now we are set to make our yummy Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Add all of the ingredients for the base recipe plus whichever flavourings you choose into a heavy bottomed pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat down a little and let simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours until thickened, stirring often and skimming off the top as required.
- Mash the pear chunks down a little with a potato masher or use a stick blender to carefully puree 1/3 of the mixture.
- The jam is fine left like this and will be a pretty amber colour. To take it a step further, caramelize it by turning up the heat and watching it without stirring until it darkens. Be careful not to take it too far or it will be burnt jam rather than caramelized.
- Test the set by pouring a little onto a cool saucer and pushing the jam with your finger. If the surface wrinkles it's ready to jar. If not, keep simmering but test every 20 minutes.
- Pour into warm, sterilized jars, stopping 1/4 inch from the top. I use jars from old store bought jam, half pint sized jars.
- Put a wax paper or parchment paper disc on top as pictured above then screw the lids straight on and let sit on a tea towel or wire rack until cooled to room temperature. They will self seal as they cool.
- Keep in a cupboard until opened, then refrigerate and use within 6 weeks.
- Yields 6 x half pint jars so serving size noted is per jar.
- Delicious on toast and actually goes nicely with pork and ham.
- If you swap out some pears and add apple you get a lovely pear & apple preserves recipe. I use 70% pears to 30% apples and use apple juice instead of pear juice. That works out to 1750g pears and 750g apples and goes great with the spiced recipe and the vanilla one.
Recipe : Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF
being truly a healthful eater requires one to eventually become both educated and smart by what healthy eating happens to be. Being food smart isn’t about learning how to calculate grams or fat, or is it about studying labels and counting calories.
Healthful eating is all about balanced diet and moderate eating, consisting of healthful foods at least three days each day. Healthy eaters eat several diverse kinds of foods, not limiting themselves to a specific food type or food category.
Eating healthy necessitates a serious bit of leeway. You might eat too much or not enough, consume foods that are occasionally less or more nutritionally beneficial. But, you always ought to fuel your system and the human brain regularly with enough food to help keep the your mind and body strong and alert.
A healthy eater is a good problem solver. Healthy eaters have learned to take care of their eating using sound conclusion and making wise decisions. Healthy eaters are always aware of the things they eat, and also know the result that it will have on their own bodies.
When someone is unable to take control of their eating, also they are very likely to get out of control along with other features of life as well. They could end up spending a lot, talking a lot, going to sleep later and after.
You should always bear in mind that restricting food whatsoever is always a bad thing. Healthful eating is just a means of life, something which you could do to boost your own body or your lifestyle. If you’ve considered making your own life better, healthful eating is simply the spot to begin out. You’ll make life easier for yourself, those around you, along with your family.
After seeing this procedure, now you are set to be able to cook your first extraordinary Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF and be a chunck of the minority people that can prepare the special Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF. If you wish that your friends can also serve a perfect Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF or even to serve the unforgettable Vickys Caramelized Pear Jam with Variations, GF DF EF SF NF for you, dont hestitate to share this page to them.